Clark’s Point Lighthouse (Fort Taber Park)

  • 1000 Rodney French Boulevard
  • New Bedford, MA 02744
  • 508-994-3938

This Historic lighthouse was built atop Fort Tabor in 1869 replacing the old Clark’s Point Light (1797). Fort Tabor was designed in part by Robert E. Lee in 1846, Fort Taber was completed in 1860. Restoration of the light was completed in June 2001. The light stands at 68 feet and
is on a short Cylindrical tower on a stone and wood rectangular building on the granite fort. The light house is still active but the fort is closed for renovations; park grounds, walking paths
& playground are open daily to the public.