The Museum is the largest museum in America devoted to the history of the American whaling industry and its greatest port, New Bedford. It houses the most extensive collection of art, artifacts, and manuscripts pertaining to American whaling in the age of sail – late 18th Century to the early 20th Century – when sailing ships dominated merchant trade and whaling.
- Buttonwood Park Zoo
- Fort Taber Military Museum
- Museum of Madeiran Heritage
- Nathan and Polly Johnson House
- New Bedford Art Museum/ ArtWorks!
- New Bedford Ballet
- New Bedford Free Public Library Special Collections
- New Bedford Museum of Glass
- New Bedford Symphony Orchestra
- Rotch-Jones-Duff House and Garden Museum